We are looking for a top-level CPA, Tax Manager that will lead our tax teams. You will develop a rapport with our clients and make a difference by going beyond the numbers; as well as lead, manage, and inspire an elite team of Senior and Staff Tax Accountants in the areas of Tax preparation, planning, strategies, and advisory services. You will work closely with the Managing Tax Partner, and other members of the executive leadership team.
As a teammate, you will embody our core values: integrity, trust, teamwork, excellence, service, and loyalty. These elements are woven into the fabric of providing the very best in Financial Accounting, Tax, and Business strategy for our growing clients.
Your benefits will include a competitive salary at or above the salary market rate, a quarterly bonus plan, medical, dental, and two types of insurance: life and accidental. Let’s not forget our four-legged family members: pet insurance, gym membership, vacations, 401(k) matching at a 4% retirement plan, and profit-sharing plan.
As the Tax Manager, you will:
- Conduct secondary reviews of complicated or complex L3 tax returns.
- Identify and communicate internal business improvement opportunities to the leadership team.
- Serve in a leadership role on client projects, including tax planning, strategies, advisory, accounting, and compliance projects with exceptional client service.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge of processes to expand the line of business and develop professional staff.
- Collaborate with the training team in the development of required and continuous training of staff at all levels in different positions.
- Be an integral member of the leadership team, working with both levels of management to develop innovative operating strategies that address current and anticipated future organizational needs.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement by helping to train and mentor junior staff to ensure that tax operations run efficiently and maintain a high level of customer service to the firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- CPA License required
- Master's Degree in Taxation required
- 3+ years of supervisory and training experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a public accounting practice
- 7+ years of complex corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns
- Significant experience with complex corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns. Including the preparation of specialized partnership allocation and multi-state filings
- Substantial experience with tax planning and long-term tax structuring
- Experience in setting-up 1031 exchanges and 754 adjustments
- Experience with year-end estate and trust work a plus
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Experience with Lacerte, Smart Vault. CCH it’s a plus
- Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Ability to research tax issues and resolve them independently
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with project deadlines and the ability to multitask
- Authorized to work in the US
A thorough background check will be conducted, including, and not limited to fingerprinting as part of the interview process.
- Pay range from $120,000 to $150,000 per year.
If you are interested in this job opening, please fill out the form below!
Fill out the form below and send us a note with your resume.
One of our team members will contact you within 24 hours to setup a short call with an account.